Saturday 11 May 2013

Best lifestyle restaurants tapa bars, shops and places in Salamanca, Madrid

Dear readers,

Today Its saturday the 11th of may and I am going to write about the neighborhood Salamanca. One of the richest neighborhoods of Madrid. The weather in Madrid was perfect. The sun was shining and the people were smiling. I woke up at 11:00 after having a heavy night in a club. Yesterday I went to a club called Kapital. A club with seven floors each with different areas and different atmospheres. The average age in this club varies between 20-35 years old. All kinds of people are visiting this club from fashion boys and ladies to more classical people. 

Museo de Jamon
After snoozing from 10:30 till 11:00 I finally decided to go out of bed and started with my tour across Madrid in my search for a good and affordable breakfast. After a wake-up walking tour from 15 minutes  I decided to take a breakfast at Museo de Jamon, nearby Plaza Mayor. I was attracted by the cheap prices where I could get a so-called 'bocadillo de Jamon' for only 1€. The bar, even at 11:00 in the morning, was crowded with all kinds of people; tourists, spaniards and other people who I cannot identify. Nevertheless it was cozy. Although it was early people were having breakfast with different kind of 'bocadillos' with small beers (cerveza called in Spanish). The service was quick and very helpful. If you don't want to stand, this is not a good place for you to go, but if you do I recommend you go here and try the taste of Madrid. Besides a bocadillo, you will get a free tapa included (Spanish sausages).

Salamanca, Retiro Park
After having my breakfast I decided to go to the neighborhood Salamanca to visit Park Retiro to enjoy the nature and the sun. The Retiro Park is located east of the city center, not far from the Prado Museum. Its main entrance is near the Alcala Gate, at the Plaza de la Independence. Retiro Park is the biggest park of Madrid with several attractions to do. You can just sit down and relax (for example nearby the lake) or for instance go to Palacio de Cristal to sightsee a house which is completely constructed of Glass. Another feature of the park is the Rose Garden, the Rosaleda. And possibly the most remarkable feature of the Retiro Park is one of its statues, El Angel Caído. It is dedicated to Satan, possibly the only such statue in Europe. 





Magasand
After enjoying the sun, my stomach was asking for some food. I decided to go more in-depth in the Salamanca neighborhood and eventually I found a restaurant called Magasand. Magasand is a modern Spanish lunch place where you can sit both inside as outside. Because the weather was nice I decided to sit outside. The terrace is nice, not to crowded, and the seats are perfect. 
I ordered a chicken sandwich with honey mustard sauce and after 15 minutes a received my sandwich and it was the best sandwich I have ever eaten!! It is a place that I would recommend you by heart if you want to have a good lunch, with nice service for a reasonable price (+-6€).  This restaurant offers the more modern lunches, not the Spanish sandwiches with jamon but the more creative ones. Very tasteful! 

After my well deserved lunch I decided to visit some of the shops in Salamanca. 

Sandwich Magasand

Colomer and Sons 

People in this Salamanca area are in general well-dressed and you can definitely see that this neighborhood isn't affected by the (Spanish) crisis. There are all kinds of stores in Salamanca; from the expensive ones such as Prada, Gant, Michael Kors, to the more cheaper ones such as Zara an H&M. One store that I remembered was Colomer and Sons, it established at the C/ O´Donnell. Neaby famous club Gabana 1800, where a lot a famous Real Madrid players go out. Colomer and Sons is a small shop where they sell handmade shoes, but they are famous about their handmade Swiss watches. They sell a lot of different Swiss watches; ocean black, ocean green, ocean GMT, Fibonacci, Fuerzas Areas, Miss Davis, Hoyo 19, Chronos, Big Ben, Trimaran, Madre Perla and a lot of others. Definitely worth seeing! Especially for watch collectors. 

Other nice places to visit in Salamanca
Salamanca is a perfect area to enjoy, shop and relax. In general the neighborhood is quite expensive but definitely worth visiting. The following areas in Salamanca are nice to visit:
-Goya
-Lista
-Recoletos

Loft 39

After my tour in Salamanca, I needed to gain new energy and I decided to have a meal at Loft 39.  Loft 39 is a restaurant and lounge combined. It is established on the Velazquez 39. Their chef is Pascua Ortega and you can taste this back in the food he prepares. Although the restaurant is quite expensive, but still affordable, this is one of the best restaurants I have visited in Madrid. I ordered a Rack of Lamb on a whet risotto, herbs,berries, bainilla and wine dressing  which costed me 24€ but it was the best meal I have had since my arrival here in Madrid. 


Loft 39 terrace


Loft 39 interior & restaurant
This was it for today. Next Saturday I am going to write about the Neighborhood Chueca. This area is famous about their Gay scene area and places like Mercado San Anton, Bla Bla Bla, Bristol Restaurant,  Plaza de Chueca, Roommate Oscar, Lateral and a lot more. 

Keep you posted!


See you next week.


Cheers,


Casper



1 comment:

  1. Cool posts, Cappie! For sure, I'll check the 9th floor of El Corte Ingles to check 'gourmet experience' ;)

    ReplyDelete